July 5, 2011

Painting and traveling

Here are the pictures I mentioned before. I was not around enough to sit and post them -
I hope everybody had a fun and safe 4th of July.
We went to Las Vegas for the weekend. It was 117 hot! (47 C) Made our weather here of 97 feel like spring! I don't think I'm going back any time soon... lol

So, paintings! Here we go:
Starting with a canvas, adding texture and a coat of black acrylic paint. I added blobs of color and since I love paintings faces, I started to delineate eyes, nose and mouth:

This is the fist time I use a "brake" in a post... just click to keep reading :o)


After that I thought... let me use a screaming color to accentuate the hair:

 

Added more details to eyes, skin; layers here and there of more cool colors:

More shadowing and detail to the eyes, they look very alive!


The only problem I have now is that, doesn't look exactly as a man or as a woman. I like it as it is, but I might do a little change here and there...

2 comments:

  1. Martha I love it! It's so different!!! I love the glow around the hair and in the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous06 July, 2011

    Love this! Great use of color and so expressive!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!