February 21, 2012

Day 21, a face and some news

First the news: Google will close the "google friend connect" aka Followers, for those non-blogger blogs. It will be in March 1st. That means, if you are part of blogspot, you won't notice much, but if you are in wordpress or webbly, or typepad etc... you will lose your ability to follow, or to have followers from those blogs.
They want to encourage people to have everyone in their "circles" in G+ but frankly, that is more work for most people like me, who hardly ever goes to the Gogl site.

Blog tip: I recommend, you get the feed from those blogs that are not going to have that widget anymore. You don't have to do anything if you have a blogger, since this widget will be back to what it was before, a "followers" gadget.

As for me, it won't affect this little blog if you have a blogger or a G id, but I will hate to miss followers friends from other types of blogs!
So book mark me, the very least. I don't post and show as much in any other site, though I like to tweet and FB, but this is where I expand myself :oP And you don't want to miss my expansions, right? (echo echo echo...)

OK, now for the face, here we go! In my efforts to finish what I started, I will work on this thing.
Acrylics on 11 x 15 watercolor paper.
At this point I'm not sure if I want to start something all together different on top of it, or if I should paint her face after some good eraser treatment heheheh The scanner was acting up, and the colors are a bit off. The sandy floor, more pottery and some flowers are not showing because the paper is too big. The bricks are ok, the sky I like with the texture and all... but the rest, lets say I changed my mind.
Anyway, this is where I am at this point.
I have been trying to pin everyone in Pinterest as much as possible, but the last round will be randomly, in one folder.


Can you believe it's been 21 days already!



7 comments:

  1. I like this painting. I say paint her face and if you are still not happy after that, go in another direction. But like I said first, I like this painting, it has a good feel and it isn't even finished yet! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to a good start today, I'd say. I did two more faces yesterday!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and your journey...where did February run to???? Beautiful works. PEACE< Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the finished piece ♥ Even though we're both on Blogger, there's talk on the internet that Google may be discontinuing GFC entirely by the end of the year. You have built up a sizable following and I'm getting there - it would be a shame to lose touch with all of them. I think I'll be proactive and add RSS feeds of the blogs I follow on my reader and then when GFC goes the way of the dinosaur, I can still read the blogs I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 22 days already for me, Ayala!! :)) Lovely sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to composition and peacefulness of this sketch, would love to see her in full colour :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like her Martha! She looks like she is in deep thought ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!