April 20, 2012

Woman with braids and 3 ACEO

Here are some pictures of the woman with braids and pots. I made her very colorful! She deserved a lot of attention after sitting unfinished for such a long time :o)


I am also working on 3 ACEOs for the Earth Day challenge in Pam's blog:

 
I better hurry and finish them!

More images after the brake....
This is the way I left the painting for a long time. At that point I was not sure if I wanted to start all over or what. I was working on dolls at the moment.


Some details:

  A nice glaze of fresh blue for the sky, showing the brush strokes nicely

It was fun to paint the clay pots, and the polka dots!

She's ready to be listed in my shop now.
Thanks for visiting see you soon!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely
    Happy Day to you my friend
    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that you gave her more color for her patience ;) She is fabulous - and I love all the details surrounding her. Great sketches too and beautiful lettering. Another 29 faces! HOW cool! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful color and style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned out well with just a little bit more love!! I have many abandoned pieces too! Waiting for that special moment to be completed! Happy ppf and Earth day!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece! Listening to Celia Cruz this morning, and this piece really goes with that, for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lady and lovely surroundings...
    HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the woman with the pots!! Well done my friend ;o) And, I love the aceo's for the Earth Day Challenge, but then, you already know that ;o) LOL! I have to make mine!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out to be a really bright and happy picture :D She has such a friendly smile :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the way she came out Martha. Excellent! Nice work on all. Happy PPF and have a great weekend. I bet it is hot over your way. It's getting hot over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we are in the 90s already, but supposedly will rain soon...?

      Delete
  10. Terrific painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous your brightly dressed woman is!!! Martha, this is beautiful.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this painting, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful painting! Love the subtlety of your shadows and yes, the POLKA DOTS!:-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!