May 26, 2012

Sketch for 29 faces

I'm hurrying again, to make it in time....

 

As we approach the last days of the 29 faces challenge, I want to invite you all to DO something you have not tried YET. If you paint large, do a tiny face.
If you work on ACEO size, make a large face. If you paint, draw with pencils; if you only sketch, paint a face.... you get the point.
Use materials you have not used, paint on wood... use that paper you have been saving forever...
Crack open your watercolors or pastels.... something that you usually don't do or use, or have not tried yet.
GO AHEAD :oD 

Forget the pressure, just FUN. Dare yourself and GO for it!
This is the best time ♥
As for me, I work slowly and with a bunch of colors, so I made this super FAST sketch with a water soluble pencil.  Just black and white (But I'm sure you will see a color version soon enough!) Not sure how long it took me, but I made a video and it will show. Just be patient because I edit slow :o)

Oh! And by the way! If you made a Donna Summer for this challenge, please let me know so I add it to the slide show I'm making.

Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely face with windswept hair, very sweet Martha. I will think of a way to do something new for the challenge, it's so easy to do things the way you get used to and know are going to work for you, thanks for the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Sandra! Yes, just throw yourself into it, try something that might feel weird. That's the only way to either learn you like it, do it better, or know you will not do that again hehheheeh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous face, love the way her hair is blowing in the breeze :D Hmmmmm.....trying to think what I HAVEN'T tried lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wood? Extreme texture? tissue? fabric? I have not done one on books pages since forever, years! So i think my next one should be that way

      Delete
  4. wonderful inspiration.
    this piece is completely charming.
    I think I might have to try fast.... like a six minute piece or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! If you are like me, fast will be the thing. I work slow! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is simply gorgeous!!!! wow!

    thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your very sweet comment.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this fantastic challenge! I decided to try ALL ACRYLICS on a series of tiny canvases. It certainly was a challenge...especially painting the details!

    I love your drawing...can't wait to see it in color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new thing was to draw a male face as I'd only drawn women. Does that count? I might try a different media for the next two faces.

    I like the windswept hair on your little face. So adorable.

    Thanks again for the challenge, I have learned so much in these last 27 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I rarely draw a male face, they are so differently done (most of the time anyway) Thanks Linda! :o)

      Delete
  9. Love your face ... and while I hadn't been following the challenge - this past month I HAVE been painting faces ... on EVERYTHING ... sketching them, painting them on canvas boards (which I was saving for lord knows what) ... and I'm doing more free thinking ... just DOING it. Love your work...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Get ready for September... I think that would be a good time to have another 29 faces challenge

      Delete
  10. Ayala,
    I love this! She's so fresh and full of life. ONe of my favorites.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is really precious Martha! I love her ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. After seeing your interview on PPF, I decided to join your challenge, even though I'm very late!! I love this face! All of your faces are good, but there is something really spontaneous and lively with this one. Her hair blowing in the breeze gives a lot of movement and energy. Trying something different is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!